Drones and Our Safety Philosophy
At PROPELUS we abide by the rules and regulations that govern our industry for our safety, the safety of our clients, property and the public. As the industry grows Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) services will increase.
At PROPELUS we are CASA licensed and insured. We fly under the following CASA Licensing rules (exemptions are available on approval by CASA):
- We only fly during the day and keep our RPA’s in visual line-of sight (VLOS) – close enough to see, maintain orientation and achieve accurate flight and tracking.
- We do not fly our RPA higher than 120 metres (400ft) unless authorised.
- We do not fly within 30 metres of anyone who is not charged with duties essential to the safe operation of a remotely piloted aircraft.
- No flying in prohibited / restricted areas or at least 5.5km away from controlled aerodromes – one with an operating control tower.
- For further clarification or a list of comprehensive rules and regulations please refer to the link https://www.casa.gov.au/files/ac10110pdf